Accredited by The Open Group, this half-day (4 hours) classroom course is for those who have already trained in TOGAF® Standard, Version 9.1 and want to ensure that they have up-to-date knowledge and an understanding of the changes introduced to the TOGAF® Body of Knowledge in 2018. EA Learning is one of a handful of global training providers with an accredited TOGAF® Essentials 2018 Classroom training course.
- Expanded Business Architecture supporting the design of value chains, value streams, and capability mapping
- Modular structure for clarity and incremental adoption
- Clear and accessible guidance from the TOGAF Library
- Supports use of a range of architecture styles
- You will receive insights and real-world scenarios that help cement learning
- The course is four hours of face to face classroom instruction ensuring a premier learning experience incorporating sharing and discussion of real scenarios and relevant insights in the company of like-minded professionals
- This knowledge makes you desirable to organizations globally
- All instructors are certified in TOGAF 9.2 and are highly experienced practitioners in the fields that they train in.
Individuals who earn this credential will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The changes to the structure of the TOGAF standard and the importance of the TOGAF Library
- The additions to the Business Architecture domain in the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2
- The changes introduced in ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010:2011 and the consequent changes to the TOGAF
- Standard, Version 9.2
- The changes to the TOGAF Content Framework and Metamodel in the TOGAF Standard,
- Version 9.2
- The changes to the security considerations that need to be addressed during application of the ADM
- Other significant changes made in the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2
- Changes to the terms and definitions in the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2
- The TOGAF Credentials Program
Key Differences In TOGAF Standard Version 9.2 Compared To TOGAF Standard 9.1
TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 is a great improvement on Version 9.1. The materials and flow in the latest release now has a more understandable, direct bearing on architecture practice and architecture consulting in general. The latest release supports the primacy of business thinking in architecture rather than a focus on IT, which was often how enterprise architecture has been seen.
The major changes that have been released in TOGAF Standard Version 9.2 include;
- The structure of TOGAF is now treated as an "eco-system" that includes the core TOGAF Body of Knowledge but also adds links to additional guides, some of which can lead to further credentials with which you can showcase your achievements.
- The description of the Architecture Development Method precludes a mistaken ‘waterfall’ interpretation and plays to the agile ideas that TOGAF has always supported.
- The initial phase, Preliminary, now includes a tools strategy with much wider reference to tools beyond architecture such as business modelling and management including repository management, and governance.
- The first phase in the TOGAF cycle, Architecture Vision, is now explicit about important, early modelling such as Value Chains, Value Streams and Capabilities. This supports the primacy of business thinking in architecture rather than a focus on IT which was often how enterprise architecture has been seen.
- The Business Architecture phase has been expanded and is supported by more useful entities and artefacts.
- The monolithic 9.1 Specification has been slimmed down and surrounded by a useful ecosystem of guides, most of which are geared to the practitioner. Some of the guides have also been extended, security is an example.
- Definitions and terms have been worked over for clarity and simplification with extraneous or explanatory material shown as a note
Earn an Open Badge
The Open Group is pleased to announce the availability of our Open Badge program for the professional certification programs. By completing the TOGAF Essential 2018 Classroom training course and successfully passing the exam you will earn yourself an Open Bage validating your up-to-date knowledge in TOGAF.
Open Badges are a means for an individual to display, and an organization to easily verify certifications, achievements and credentials in a very visual manner online. For example, such digital badges are used in popular social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook, as well as embedding badges into your own websites, e-mail footers or resumes.
These credentials are represented with a digital image which contains verified metadata that describes an individual’s qualifications and the process required to earn them. A credential is a qualification, achievement, quality, or aspect of a person’s background, especially when used to indicate their suitability for something.
For more information click here.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who are already TOGAF 9 Certified and who wish to show they have up-to-date knowledge of the 2018 version of the TOGAF Body of Knowledge
- Individuals who are trainers delivering Accredited Training Courses based on the TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2
Course Fee Includes
- Qualified, experienced instructor with comprehensive industry experience
Premium learning space
Coffee and tea
TOGAF Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to view the most frequently asked questions relating to TOGAF
Click here to view the benefits of classroom training courses and to see photos from recent courses.
TOGAF® is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
This course is accredited by The Open Group as: Scope – TOGAF®; Type of Course – TOGAF® 9 Foundation and Certified Combined; Delivery Method – Live Classroom.