TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 is a great improvement on TOGAF Standard Version 9.1. The materials and flow in the latest release now has a more understandable, direct bearing on architecture practice and architecture consulting in general. The latest release supports the primacy of business thinking in architecture rather than a focus on IT, which was often how enterprise architecture has been seen.
The major changes that have been released in TOGAF Standard Version 9.2 include;
- The structure of TOGAF being broken up into an "eco-system" that includes the core TOGAF Body of Knowledge but also adds links to additional guides that you can receive badges for to track and showcase your achievements.
- The description of the Architecture Development Method precludes a mistaken ‘waterfall’ interpretation and plays to the agile ideas that it has always supported.
- The initial phase, Preliminary, now includes a tools strategy with much wider reference to tools beyond architecture such as business modelling and management including repository management, and governance.
- The first phase in the TOGAF cycle, Architecture Vision, is now explicit about creating important, early modelling such as Value Chains, Value Streams and Capabilities. This supports the primacy of business thinking in architecture rather than a focus on IT which was often how enterprise architecture has been seen.
- The Business Architecture phase has been expanded and is supported by more useful entities and artefacts.
- The monolithic 9.1 Specification has been slimmed down and surrounded by a useful ecosystem of guides, most of which are geared to the practitioner. Some of the guides have also been extended, security is an example.
- Definitions and terms have been worked over for clarity and simplification with extraneous or explanatory material shown as a note,
EA Learning will now be training TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, with classroom courses running all over the country. Accredited by The Open Group, our TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 classroom training course is delivered by industry practising instructors who are all certified in the latest version of TOGAF.
Click here for more information on TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2, or make an enquiry via the form below.
Find out more on TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2
To discuss your learning requirements, please fill out the form below and one of our Client Advisors will be in contact with you.