- Expanded Business Architecture supporting design of value chains, value streams, and capability mapping
- Modular structure for clarity and incremental adoption
- Clear and accessible guidance from the TOGAF Library
- Supports use of a range of architecture styles
- You will receive insights and real-world scenarios that help cement learning
- The course is four days of face to face classroom instruction ensuring a premier learning experience incorporating sharing and discussion of real scenarios and relevant insights in the company of like-minded professionals
- The course includes an exclusive TOGAF® reference pack including; sample artefacts, comprehensive case study, worked examples, revision flashcards, white papers, posters and handouts
- This knowledge makes you desirable to organizations globally
- Once certified you join the ranks of 75,000 professionals globally, the minority with a distinct advantage
If you are self-funding, have previously attended a course with us, booking 4 weeks in advance or booking multiple courses, you may be eligible for exclusive discounts. Send an enquiry for more information.
Attendees of the TOGAF® Standard, Version 9.2 course will have an understanding of;
- The Architecture Development Method (ADM) cycle and all the phases that make up the cycle, including for each phase
- The extended security considerations that need to be addressed during application of the ADM
- The changes to the structure of the TOGAF standard and the importance of the TOGAF Library
- The ecosystem around the TOGAF standard
- The changes to the TOGAF Content Framework and Metamodel
- The business rationale behind Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF®
- The techniques defined for use in Architecture development
- The Architecture Content Framework and the purpose of each of the elements
- The guidelines for adapting the ADM process
- The Enterprise Continuum as a classification reference tool
- The Architecture Capability Framework
- The make-up of an Architecture skills framework and why it is needed
How TOGAF Standard Version 9.2 Differs From TOGAF Standard 9.1
TOGAF Standard, Version 9.2 is a great improvement on Version 9.1. The materials and flow in the latest release now has a more understandable, direct bearing on architecture practice and architecture consulting in general. The latest release supports the primacy of business thinking in architecture rather than a focus on IT, which was often how enterprise architecture has been seen.
The major changes that have been released in TOGAF Standard Version 9.2 include;
- The structure of TOGAF is now treated as an "eco-system" that includes the core TOGAF Body of Knowledge but also adds links to additional guides, some of which can lead to further credentials with which you can showcase your achievements.
- The description of the Architecture Development Method precludes a mistaken ‘waterfall’ interpretation and plays to the agile ideas that TOGAF has always supported.
- The initial phase, Preliminary, now includes a tools strategy with much wider reference to tools beyond architecture such as business modelling and management including repository management, and governance.
- The first phase in the TOGAF cycle, Architecture Vision, is now explicit about important, early modelling such as Value Chains, Value Streams and Capabilities. This supports the primacy of business thinking in architecture rather than a focus on IT which was often how enterprise architecture has been seen.
- The Business Architecture phase has been expanded and is supported by more useful entities and artefacts.
- The monolithic 9.1 Specification has been slimmed down and surrounded by a useful ecosystem of guides, most of which are geared to the practitioner. Some of the guides have also been extended, security is an example.
- Definitions and terms have been worked over for clarity and simplification with extraneous or explanatory material shown as a note
What does TOGAF Standard 9.2 mean if you are certified in TOGAF Standard 9.1
TOGAF 9.1 certified practitioners do not have to sit a new exam (as was the case with the bridge from 8 to 9). The additional or changed material is extremely useful and valuable to learn. If you would like to show that you have “up-to-date knowledge”, then The Open Group has introduced the TOGAF Essentials 2018 credential that leads to an open badge.
What our attendees say
“Attending the course is a faster and more effective mechanism to absorb the material than self study alone. Worthwhile to attend to hear real-world scenarios.” Senior IT Business Analysis
“The instructor knew not only the material, but also the audience. He was able to tailor it for the people in the room and allowed for some discussion between participants.” IT Architect
“Great course, really informative, able to put all of the TOGAF processes into perspective. The instructor added a lot of real world knowledge from his own experiences.” Consultant - Cloud Solutions
“This was an excellent course with continuous 'real world' application of the framework. The facilitator was excellent at assisting us in applying / tailoring TOGAF to our individual organisations.” Senior Business Consultant
“In-depth and very nicely presented artefacts. There can be no better way to learn Enterprise Architecture than learning it from EA Learning.” Solutions Designer
“Fantastic experience from beginning to end. The instructor’s knowledge and anecdotes helped take the course to another level. Oh, and the videos really helped to break up the modules!” Senior Solutions Architect
“The instructor has got lots of industrial experience that makes the course a brilliant one.” Architect
Who Should Attend
Knowledge of TOGAF® is useful to anybody involved in business transformations and capability improvements, including Business and IT Architects, Business and Systems Analysts, as well as Business Executives and Managers, Program, Project and Change Managers, and Subject Matter Experts.
This training course is for anybody involved in the development and application of architecture including:
- Enterprise Architects
- Business Architects
- Business Analysts
- Program / Project Managers
- Solution Architects
- Application Architects
- Data Architects
- Infrastructure / Technology Architects
- Security Architects
- Technology Vendors
- Professional Services Vendors
- Change Managers
- Technical Designers
- IT Strategy Managers
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- Presales Consultants
- IT Managers
Course Fee Includes
Comprehensive, fully-accredited course workbook
Qualified, experienced instructor with comprehensive industry experience
Exclusive TOGAF 9 reference pack
TOGAF 9 Certification pack (official copy)
Premium learning space
Morning tea, lunch, coffee and tea each day
Exam voucher for combined level 1 and Level 2 exams
TOGAF Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to view the most frequently asked questions relating to TOGAF
Click here to view the benefits of classroom training courses and to see photos from recent courses.
TOGAF® is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
This course is accredited by The Open Group as: Scope – TOGAF®; Type of Course – TOGAF® 9 Foundation and Certified Combined; Delivery Method – Live Classroom.