The TOGAF® Framework
The TOGAF® Framework (The Open Group Architecture Framework) is a framework for enterprise architecture that provides an approach for designing, planning, implementing and governing an enterprise information technology architecture. The TOGAF architecture framework is a high level approach to design and is typically modelled at four levels: Business, Application, Data and Technology. The TOGAF enterprise architecture framework relies heavily on modularisation, standardisation and leveraging existing proven technologies and products.
The benefit of using the TOGAF Framework is that once implemented it will speed up and simplify architecture development, ensure more complete coverage of the designed solution, and make certain that the architecture selected allows for future growth in response to the needs of the business. The TOGAF architecture framework enables you to design, evaluate and build the right architecture for your organisation.
TOGAF Framework Components
The framework TOGAF uses is highly complex but can be broken down into three main parts:
- The TOGAF Architecture Development Method, which explains how to derive an organisation-specific enterprise architecture that addresses business requirements.
- The Enterprise Continuum, which is a "virtual repository" of all the architecture assets.
- The TOGAF Resource Base, which is a set of resources – guidelines, templates and background information to help the architect in the use of the ADM.
The TOGAF framework makes a distinction between the types of architectures that you can build. According to the TOGAF architecture framework there are four types of architectures that are commonly accepted as subsets of the overall enterprise architecture:
- Business Architecture -- addresses the needs of users, planners, and business management,
- Data/Information Architecture -- addresses the needs of database designers, database administrators, and system engineers,
- Application (Systems) Architecture -- addresses the needs of system and software engineers, and
- Information Technology (IT) Architecture -- addresses the needs of procurers, operators, administrators, and managers.
The TOGAF framework supports all of these architectures to enable you to create a successful enterprise architecture.
Our TOGAF 9.2 training course provides complete coverage of the TOGAF framework. The course is designed to make it easy to understand the modules that form the TOGAF 9.2 curriculum so that you can pass the TOGAF 9.2 (Foundation & Practitioner) certification exams. Our TOGAF course is delivered by a certified TOGAF instructor who has extensive experience as a practicing architect so they can provide insights and real-world scenarios that help cement learning.
Feedback from past TOGAF Training attendees:
"For passing the TOGAF exam this course is definitely a must do as the practical scenarios laid out in the class makes it easy to do the scenarios in the exam." - Enterprise Architect
"Attending this course saved me about six months of study. This course is a faster and more effective mechanism to absorb the material than self study alone." - Major Telco; Senior IT Business Analyst
"Fantastic experience from beginning to end. The instructor's knowledge and anecdotes helped take the course to another level. I now feel prepared to undertake the TOGAF exams." – Solution Architect
Fast forward your future with us, enquire now.